Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just thought I'd throw this quote in here as it got alot of response when I posted it on my FB profile.....so true of what has been happening to myself lately.

"All Truth passes through three stages.


First it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as
self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher,
1788-1860


One old friend in particular needs to take especial note of this with his constant denial of certain facts that to my mind are now beyond proof.  He also needs to do some work on his constant negativity,  superiority complex and arrogant behaviour - enough said he knows who he is.....

Plus, I have experienced the quote on the receiving end......Awhile ago I read a biography on our (then) Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard (Australia).  I had already done my own research on her, and discovered she is a member of the Fabian Society.   I quickly realised she had been placed precisely to plan, so I passed on my knowledge to anyone who would listen that she would very soon become our next Prime Minister.

Oh dear, the ridicule I received for this idea - at that stage our PM Kevin Rudd was much respected and loved, everyone I told called me an idiot for even conceiving the idea, many even vehemently opposed the very idea of a woman taking over - and I wont mention the many male reactions to her looks, dress sense or voice!

And now, after a bloodless but extremely emotional coup by Julia and other factions of the Australian Labour Party - Julia Gillard is now our new PM.  I have to say (I'm only human after all) that I have had my moments of gloating ha ha.

But now, many of those same people who laughed in my face have taken on her defence, say she's doing a great job etc etc.

Oh, the duality of the many astounds me!

No comments:

Post a Comment